Gears of War 3 is Out: Here’s a News Summary!
- September 20th, 2011
- By MogKnight
With Gears of War 3 now out for Xbox 360, I’m pretty sure a lot of you are going to sit down, call off work, ditch school and play the crap out of this game.
For some of you who want to take a bit of time off the console or unfortunately have to deal with the commitment of work, here’s a bunch of stuff that you can read to hopefully tide you over until you clock out and clock some hours in on Gears of War 3.
- IGN posted up their review of Gears of War 3 and gave it a 9.0. They started off by simply saying “Gears of War 3 knows exactly what it is: a badass simulator.”
- Gamespot gave it a 9.5, with the only bad thing they have to say was that Beast Mode had no tutorial.
Then again, I guess you could read the instruction manual…
- GamePro gave their take on Gears 3, giving it a 4.5/5. They praised the multiplayer but criticized the presentation of the Single Player campaign.
- Finally, 1up gave Gears of War 3 an A-, praising the fun and exciting Multiplayer being much more balanced and stable compared to the first few games.
- Much like Mortal Kombat and L.A. Noire, Gears of War 3 will also utilize a season pass like system to allow gamers do a one time purchase for $30 dollars to buy about $45 dollar’s worth of DLC. With DLC ranging from new Campaigns to new multiplayer maps and a huge array of skins and customizations, you can expect to bring more value to your Gears of War 3 experience and also save a few dollars off to the side.
15 is a huge chunk mind you.
- Which, by the way, there are going to be 21 weapon skin DLCs for you to download and buy on day one.
Nifty, at least I still have my Gold Retro Lancer and Cole Train from the Beta!
If you have yet to buy Gears of War 3, there’s a nice thread on Cheap Ass Gamer, detailing some pre-order deals that might still apply if you still order from them now.
With all that said, enjoy Gears of War 3 and be it single player, co-op or destroying everyone else, just enjoy this fantastic game by Epic Games.