Soul Calibur V Arcade Fight Stick SOUL Edition Announced
- October 25th, 2011
- By MogKnight
Just recently announced from Mad Catz, Namco Bandai and Mad Catz will join forces yet again to release an exclusive joystick for Soul Calibur V. Titled as the Arcade FightStick SOUL Edition, Project Manager of Mad Catz and ladies’ man Mark Julio laid out some details about the changes found on this stick compared to the rest of the Tournament Edition sticks.
Here are some key points about the SOULCALIBUR V Arcade FightStick SOUL Edition:
- Tago-san, the producer for SOULCALIBUR V told us at E3 2011 that he wanted a stick similar to the SSFIV Chun-Li Tournament Edition FightStick. We agreed to make something similar; but to make changes/improvements that cater to the fighting game fan and of course the SOULCALIBUR fan
- That being said, the SOUL Edition has a translucent body all around with the artwork of the Soul Edge and Soul Calibur swords tying into the case design
- The FightStick has a new button layout and has a button mapping that is unique to SOULCALIBUR. The new button layout and stick placement is following the NAMCO NOIR arcade panel layout; this layout is most reminiscent of the classic SEGA Astro City layout
- The bezel on the SOUL Edition FightStick is what we call the “EDGE” bezel; which helps give it more of a SOULCALIBUR look & feel
- The SOUL Edition uses 6 stainless steel screws; we’ve listened to your feedback and have noted that rusty screws are not appealing
Price and release date has not been solidified yet but we do know that it will be released near the release of Soul Calibur V.