Mugen Souls Overseas Release This Fall
- March 30th, 2012
- By RockmanXelnia
Alright, what do you get when you take Disgaea, get the character artist for Disgaea on board, and create a turn-based game with Disgaea-tier damage and character customization? You get Compile Heart’s Mugen Souls for the PlayStation 3. The biggest selling points of the game were customization and being able to achieve an absurd amount of damage in the game just like the Disgaea series. NIS America will be bringing the title to North America and Europe sometime this year. However, due to the sensitive nature of some of the content, the game will be edited for the overseas market. I’m quite curious as to what’s getting edited since I didn’t get to import this title.
The biggest thing that surprises me is that NIS America not only announced Mugen Souls, Legasista, and Witch and the Hundred Knights all at the same time, but we’re getting two of them this year and not too soon after their releases in Japan. Mugen Souls will be released in North America and Europe sometime in the Fall this year.
Details from the press release:
“About Mugen Souls
There exists a small galaxy in the universe containing seven worlds, shimmering in seven
colors… These worlds exist and act independent of one another. This has allowed them to
develop and nurture rich, unique cultures. Then one day, a decree was sent out…
“I’m gonna make everything in each of these worlds bow to me!”
– The Undisputed Goddess, Chou-Chou
- Expansive worlds to explore: Travel freely on each world to explore and find treasures and items. Monsters are roaming about, so be cautious or fight them head-on and make them your subservient peons!
- Free-roaming style battle maps: Use Combo attacks to execute spectacular moves with your allies! Destroy Crystals on the battlefield to activate Hyper mode!
- Moe Kill: Execute the Moe Kill technique to enslave enemies and turn them into items by exploiting their weaknesses!
- Customization: Create a full cast of characters! Customizable body parts, facial expressions, and job classes!
- Notice: Due to the sensitive nature of some content, NIS America has decided to edit certain aspects of this title for its North American and European releases.”