Capcom Captivate 2012: Street Fighter X Tekken Vita
- April 10th, 2012
- By OnesOwnGrief
Information about SFxTK Vita hit out today from Captivate in which they went over details of the portable handheld. Looks as if the portable will come with all the bells and whistle of the PS3 game as well as Cross Platform Play (Called it!). It will also be compatible with all the DLC from the console version (Called that too) and anyone who buys the Vita game will be able to download all the additional characters for PS3 for free (I am clairvoyant!). All the information given today can be viewed below.
The long awaited dream match-up between the two leaders in the fighting genre can now be played at home… AND on the go! Street Fighter X Tekken on the PlayStation Vita builds upon the action-packed console experience and delivers an expanded version of the ultimate tag team match up. In addition to all 43 of the iconic characters featured on the PlayStation 3 version, 12 new characters will make their debut on the PS Vita, making for one of the most robust character line-ups in fighting game history.
Playing at home or on the streets, PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3 Cross-Platform Play lets Street Fighter X Tekken players compete anytime, anywhere, against anyone… either locally, with 3G or via Wi-Fi. A host of additional new features and surprises designed specifically for the PS Vita system are being implemented and will be revealed prior to the game’s release in fall 2012.
- 55 Playable Characters – In addition to the robust roster of 43 characters from the PS3 version, the PS Vita version features 12 new playable characters Blanka, Cody, Dudley, Elena, Guy and Sakura from the Street Fighter side, and Alisa Bosconovitch, Bryan Fury, Christie Monteiro, Jack, Lars Alexandersson and Lei Wulong from the Tekken side. For players who choose to own the PS Vita version and already have the PlayStation 3 version of the game, they will receive these additional 12 characters as free DLC.
- Cross-Platform Play – Portable gaming has reached a new level. Cross-Platform Play allows PS Vita players of Street Fighter X Tekken to compete against PS3 players.
- Accessible Touch Controls – New control schemes will be added which utilize the PS Vita’s touch screen capabilities. Additionally, now menus can be manipulated using touch screen controls as well.
- PS Vita and PS3 Data Sharing – All DLC purchased on the PS3 version can be used on the PS Vita version, and vice versa. Additionally, edited and customized data on the PS Vita version can be transferred to the PS3 version via a save data link.
- Multiplayer Mayhem – Pick your battles and compete against others locally, online through Wi-Fi networks, or through the PS Vita’s 3G connection.
- But Wait, There’s More! – New modes, features, and game content will be revealed right up until the release in fall 2012… so, stay tuned!