To Be Continued! JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure HD Ver. To Be Released On XBLA/PSN August 21st
- July 14th, 2012
- By MogKnight
Showing that there is never enough fighting games out right now, Capcom has announced that they will be bringing over JoJo’s Biazrre Adventure HD to Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network in a little over a month from now. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure was originally an arcade fighter that Capcom released on the CPS3 and was then ported over to the Dreamcast.
While this might seem to come completely out of left field, Namco Bandai and CyberConnect2 will be releasing their own JoJo game later on but there is no confirmation of an overseas release.
As excited as I am to play JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure again (probably one of the very few), the steep price tag of $20 dollars or 1600 MSP might be a bit too much for many to want to invest in, especially a game that was not as popular as Capcom’s other fighting games. It will feature online play (we can probably assume GGPO at this point) and Joystiq did mention an HD reskin which may have driven up the price, but this is unknown as of right now if it is a reskin like Super Turbo HD Remix or just filters being used.
Update: Judging by the Capcom-Unity stream and gameplay footage taken from SDCC, among other bits of information:
- The artwork and sprite work seem to cleaned up from the CPS3 version. The sprites look like they have a filter to remove pixelation.
- The side borders change based on what character you’re playing.
- This seems to be developed in Japan and will NOT be using GGPO but will be using a netcode comparable to Super Street Fighter 4 and Marvel vs Capcom 3.
- There’s a color select option when you pick your character (and as far as I know, the original DC release had it on a per button basis).
- The hidden characters are immediately selectable (and there’s six of them!)